Cauliflower pakoda/ Gobi pakora is a delicious deep fried snack. This is my daughters favorite starter .
Cauliflower – 250 gms, chopped
Besan Flour – 1/3 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Saunf – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, small, finely chopped
Oil as required for frying
1. Mix the gram flour, salt, saunf, cumin powder, turmeric powder and enough water to make a thick batter.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
3. Add the cauliflower florets and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
5. Add the cauliflower florets, drain any excess batter, and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
More to come .. Stay tuned.. Please connect with me on Instagram/ Twitter/Facebook
#devivenkatesan #mybloginspires #devivenkatesankitchen
COCONUT MILK RICE/THENGAI SADAM
Basmati rice-2 cups(soaked for 30 min)
Coconut Milk-2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Coconut-1 cup grated
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil-1 tblspn
Ginger-1 inch piece(chopped
Cumin seeds(jeera)-1 tsp
Bay leaves(brinji ilai)-1
In a pressure cooker add oil and/or ghee and heat it now add in all the seasoning ingredients and fry for a minute.
Then add in the soaked rice,peas (You can also add sweet corn which pairs well with peas.)and fry for a minute .Add in coconut milk and 1 cup of water and bring that to boil.Season with salt and sugar.Cover and cook for 10-15 min.
- In the mean time fry the coconut in a oilless pan till golden and chop the coriander leaves finely.You can also add sweet corn which pairs well with peas.
When the rice is done just add this fried coconut,coriander leaves and ghee and mix well.
Serve hot with any Raitha.
I prepared Radish Sambar and Cauliflower Potato masala for Lunch today
This will go well with Rice. See below for sambar recipe
2 cup Sambar (Tuvar) Dal
1/4 kg Vegetables(any vegetable Drumstick,Ladiesfinger,Brinjal)
I used radish today
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
3 Red chillies
3 Green chillies
1 tsp Sambhar powder
a pinch asafodita
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Mustard
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
4 tbsp Cooking oil
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Boil water and cook the dal with turmeric and salt.
- Separate the cooked dal and water, and keep them aside.
- In thuvar dal water cook the vegetables..
- After the veggies are cooked, add tamarind paste.
- Now add the cooked thuvar dal and simmer for sometime
- Heat some oil in a pan, splutter mustard, then add methi, red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves, asafodita, turmeric, and sambar powder and keep frying for a few minutes.
- Season the sambar with the above prepared
- Sprinkle coriander on top.
#devivenkatesan #devivenkatesankitchen #mybloginspires