INDIAN ONION CHUTNEY RECIPE | VENGAYA CHUTNEY RECIPE
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Makes 1/2 cup of chutney
Red chillies (adjust to taste)
Urad dal a spoon
1 pinch of hing (asafoetida or perungayam)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 small piece of tamarind (optional, I rarely use this)
1 tsp of salt (adjust to taste)
1 tbsp of nallennai or Indian sesame oil (or any oil you prefer)
How to Make Vengaya Chutney:
- Heat the oil and add onions. Sautè until it turns pink and transparent.
2. Add the red chillies, dal,hing, and garlic, along with salt.
3. Continue to fry in medium heat until the onions turn golden brown.
4. Cool and grind to an almost-smooth chutney (add the tamarind, if using) without adding water
5. Serve chutney with idli or dosa
#devivenkatesan #mybloginspires #devivenkatesankitchen