Beating the heat with Buttermilk
To prepare buttermilk blend yogurt with water . Also add some spices such as cumin powder, pepper, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves are crushed and added to the mixture to enhance its taste and therapeutic benefits.
This drink helps to keep the body cool and improves digestion.
Buttermilk is an effective therapy to prevent dehydration. It is full of electrolytes and is one of the best drinks to fight against the heat and loss of water from the body.
Buttermilk contains Contains all essential macronutrients
It provides calcium. Lactic acid, the main constituent in this drink develops the immune system of the human body .
#devivenkatesan #mybloginspires #devivenkatesankitchen
COCONUT MILK RICE/THENGAI SADAM
Basmati rice-2 cups(soaked for 30 min)
Coconut Milk-2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Coconut-1 cup grated
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil-1 tblspn
Ginger-1 inch piece(chopped
Cumin seeds(jeera)-1 tsp
Bay leaves(brinji ilai)-1
In a pressure cooker add oil and/or ghee and heat it now add in all the seasoning ingredients and fry for a minute.
Then add in the soaked rice,peas (You can also add sweet corn which pairs well with peas.)and fry for a minute .Add in coconut milk and 1 cup of water and bring that to boil.Season with salt and sugar.Cover and cook for 10-15 min.
- In the mean time fry the coconut in a oilless pan till golden and chop the coriander leaves finely.You can also add sweet corn which pairs well with peas.
When the rice is done just add this fried coconut,coriander leaves and ghee and mix well.
Serve hot with any Raitha.
I prepared Radish Sambar and Cauliflower Potato masala for Lunch today
This will go well with Rice. See below for sambar recipe
2 cup Sambar (Tuvar) Dal
1/4 kg Vegetables(any vegetable Drumstick,Ladiesfinger,Brinjal)
I used radish today
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
3 Red chillies
3 Green chillies
1 tsp Sambhar powder
a pinch asafodita
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Mustard
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
4 tbsp Cooking oil
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Boil water and cook the dal with turmeric and salt.
- Separate the cooked dal and water, and keep them aside.
- In thuvar dal water cook the vegetables..
- After the veggies are cooked, add tamarind paste.
- Now add the cooked thuvar dal and simmer for sometime
- Heat some oil in a pan, splutter mustard, then add methi, red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves, asafodita, turmeric, and sambar powder and keep frying for a few minutes.
- Season the sambar with the above prepared
- Sprinkle coriander on top.
#devivenkatesan #devivenkatesankitchen #mybloginspires