Cauliflower pakoda/ Gobi pakora is a delicious deep fried snack. This is my daughters favorite starter .
Cauliflower – 250 gms, chopped
Besan Flour – 1/3 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Saunf – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, small, finely chopped
Oil as required for frying
1. Mix the gram flour, salt, saunf, cumin powder, turmeric powder and enough water to make a thick batter.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
3. Add the cauliflower florets and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
5. Add the cauliflower florets, drain any excess batter, and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
More to come .. Stay tuned.. Please connect with me on Instagram/ Twitter/Facebook
#devivenkatesan #mybloginspires #devivenkatesankitchen
I prepared Radish Sambar and Cauliflower Potato masala for Lunch today
This will go well with Rice. See below for sambar recipe
2 cup Sambar (Tuvar) Dal
1/4 kg Vegetables(any vegetable Drumstick,Ladiesfinger,Brinjal)
I used radish today
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
3 Red chillies
3 Green chillies
1 tsp Sambhar powder
a pinch asafodita
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Mustard
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
4 tbsp Cooking oil
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Boil water and cook the dal with turmeric and salt.
- Separate the cooked dal and water, and keep them aside.
- In thuvar dal water cook the vegetables..
- After the veggies are cooked, add tamarind paste.
- Now add the cooked thuvar dal and simmer for sometime
- Heat some oil in a pan, splutter mustard, then add methi, red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves, asafodita, turmeric, and sambar powder and keep frying for a few minutes.
- Season the sambar with the above prepared
- Sprinkle coriander on top.
#devivenkatesan #devivenkatesankitchen #mybloginspires