Hey Gorgeous people ❤
I would like to share this post to all Moms out there raising kids losing their sleep .This is going to be a very important lesson a responsible mother should teach her kids.
Have your kids ever wondered why people look different, or talk with an accent, or celebrate different holidays? MyBlogInspires has some tips on teaching your kids about cultural diversity.
We must inspire our children to be curious about the world and to become globally aware. We must teach our children to appreciate, communicate and interact with people across different cultures and in other countries.
By helping your child understand and respect similarities and differences you will also help your child to understand who he is in the context of your race, ethnic group, culture, religion, language and familial history. In so doing, you will provide your child with personally meaningful information and also introduce concepts from anthropology, history, religion, geography, etc.
You may have blue eyes , red hair , green eyes , white skin , black skin , curly hair , black hair , differences apart we are all humans . Teach children to LOVE and RESPECT each other .
18 tips on teaching your kids about cultural diversity
- Spend more time with kids .
- Share more stories about culture diversity .
- Purchase a globe or a world map .
- Talk to them about different cultures,languages,food,traditional dresses / costumes .
- Take kids to history museum .
- Attend different event/festivals that celebrate a particular ethnic group .
- Teach children different languages .
- Build a global mind-set among kids .
- Encourage kids to do a holiday activity on global cross culture .
- Share your own experience during your childhood day with friends and relative who belong to other religion/culture .
- Show them examples by reading books,watching related Television shows and on the internet .
- Encourage cross-racial/ethnic friendship .
- Expose your children to food from different culture .
- Give them exposure to global food,music,art,lifestyle,people .
- Travel with kids to different countries or places of worship to know about different cultures and traditions .
- You’re a powerful role model to kids they watch you, absorb you and follow you .
- Teach children to love and respect people equally in spite of differences .
- Making your child aware of you culture is important. It is better you start as early as possible because anything taught in the early age of the child develops in habit and lasts lifelong. Do not expect that everyone will accept and conceive it in the same way. If you are late, give some time and space and help them understand.
By helping your child understand and respect similarities and differences, you will help him realize he is a wonderfully unique person among many other wonderfully unique people on this earth.
Love and Respect All
(Thank you google search engine for such cute pictures )
Love Always , Devi