Hi Friends, Today I made Peas Pulao,this is my daughter’s favorite lunch menu.
This is a Indian Rice menu.Check below for the recipe .
- Basmati Rice : 1Cup
- Big Onion : One large
- Ginger Garlic paste : One Spoon Full
- Peas : 1/4 Cup
- Oil:1/2 tbsp
- Water: 1 and 1/2 cup (adding coconut milk Optional)
- Salt: To Taste
- To Temper
- Cinnamon-1/2 inch piece
- Cloves -2
- Cardamom – 1
- To grind to a paste:
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup tightly packed
- Cashewnut – 6
- Tomato – 1 big sized
- Green chillies – 2 (Grinding is optional..We can use it without pasting it)
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tspMethod:First grind the ingredients listed under ‘To grind’ with little water to a fine paste. Set aside. In a pressure cooker heat oil and ghee add the items under ‘To temper’ with ginger garlic paste.
Add onion and saute till slightly browned. Then add the masala paste and saute till raw smell leaves and it turns color as shown below.Soak basmati rice in water for 30mins set aside.
Then add peas saute till the masala is well blended .Add required salt.Drain water from rice and add it.
Give a stir and add water. Close and pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame.
Serve hot with onion raita
#devivenkatesan #mybloginspires #devivenkatesankitchen