This is one of my favorite dish.
Halwa is an Indian sweet item .
Carrot Halwa is made with carrots , sugar and milk.
Recipe serves 4
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 6 Raisins and cashewnuts
- Melt the ghee in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the shredded carrots and stir for about seven to eight minutes.
- Roast the cashew nuts and Raisin and set aside for the garnish.
- Boil the milk on medium-high heat in a non-stick pan until it is reduced to about to 1 cup. Set aside.
- Add the milk and carrot until the milk dries. This will take about eight to ten minutes.
- Next add the sugar, and cardamom powder and stir for another three to four minutes until the halwa starts to leave the side of frying pan.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and Raisin .