More Kuzhambu is my favorite gravy.It goes well with rice.
My Mom used to prepare it every alternate week.Lets see how to prepare it.
- Thick buttermilk (1/2 cup curd + 1 1/2 cups water)- 2 cups
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Toor Dal- 1 tsp
- Green Chillies- 2
- Coconut grated- 2 tbs
- Rice- 1 tsp
- Jeera- 1tbs
- Salt to taste
- Any one of the vegetables (Potato, Beans, Carrot, Ashgourd, Pumpkin) chopped- 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil/cooking oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli-2
- Curry leaves- a few
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Soak rice and Toor Dal together for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder to buttermilk and beat well and keep it aside.
- Grind soaked rice and Dal with coconut,Jeera,Green Chillies to a fine paste.
- Half boil the vegetables ,In a pan then add the ground paste and salt to it.
- Simmer the flame and add little water to it so that the veggies are cooked fully and the raw smell of the paste goes off. Add the buttermilk to it.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and add the tampering ingredients one by one and fry for a minute.
- Pour the mixture to this pan and mix well.
- Note :
- More kuzhambu can be prepared with/without vegetables.
#devivenkatesan #mybloginspires #devivenkatesankitchen